It’s a problem that millions of men and women face, but it’s not one that’s often talked about – and for that reason, it’s nearly impossible to find the information needed to overcome it. I’m talking about large calf muscles. Whether you developed your large calves from genetics, weight gain, or even through a lifetime of physical activity, you’ll find slimming them down is nearly impossible!
There are a lot of people who would give a lot to increase their metabolism. Having a high level of metabolism enables one to maintain burn fat and lose weight fast with the least amount of activity. Metabolism is the rate by which the body produces and consumes energy and calories to support life. There are several factors that affect the metabolism of a person, such as the amount of muscle tissue, the frequency of the meals one consumes, genetics, stress levels, personal diet and activity levels. Metabolism slows done due to the following: loss of muscle because of not enough physical activity, the tendency of the body to cannibalize its own tissue because there is not enough food energy to sustain it, and the decrease of physical activity that comes naturally with old age.
Here are several ways to fire up one's metabolism :
1. Build up on lean, mean body mass. It is only natural that metabolism decreases along with age, but it is possible to counter the effects. The amount of muscle a person has is a very strong determinant in the ability to burn calories and shed fat.
2. Eat breakfast. A lot of people are ignoring the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Surprisingly , the ones who eat breakfast are thinner than the ones who do not. Metabolism can slow down considerably if breakfast is taken during mid-morning or if one waits until the afternoon to eat.
3. Avoid sugar. Sugar enables the body to store fat. It is recommended that a person consumes food that helps sustain an even level of blood-sugar. Additionally , progressive execerise 2-3 times a week should be in order to stabilize blood sugar.
4. Eat spicy foods. Hot cuisine with peppers can increase metabolism.
5. Sleep more. According to research, it is riskier for people who do not get enough sleep to gain weight. Also, muscles are regenerated during the last couple of hours of slumber.
6. Increase water intake. Water flushes out toxins that are produced whenever the body burns fat~Water flushes out toxins that are produced whenever the body burns fat}. Majority of bodily functions involves water, and lack of water causes the body system’s operations to decrease its speed, and produces unneeded stress as a result.
7. Eat smaller meals. It is advisable to consume 4 to 6 small meals that are timed 2 to 3 hours apart.
8. Never skip meals. People tend to skip meals in order to lose weight, which is a big mistake since it slows down metabolism.
9. Plan meals in detail. Always prepare the right amount of food to be consumed at the designated intervals. Do not commit the mistake of eating meals in sporadic patterns.
9. Ditch the stress! Stress, be it physical or emotional, triggers the release of a steroid called cortisol, which decreases metabolism. Also, people tend to eat excessively when stressed.
10. Guzzle up on green tea. It can be used as a substitute for coffee. Tea has the ability to stimulate metabolism, and unlike coffee, it has no undesirable side effects when too much is consumed.
Expensive wellness programs, diet pills and gym membership are not necessary conditions associated with quick weight loss patterns. Other than a good diet modification that would involve the reduction of caloric foods, establishing a quick weight loss exercise pattern will work wonders.
Most middle aged people are sedentary which has a direct impact not only on the weight but also on cardiac and circulatory health too. Being tied to our jobs, usually does not permit much time for the needed exercise that will help us reduce our weight, however, there are many activities that can help burn calories and result in a reduction of body fat. Some quick weight loss exercise moves when included in a daily program will help one develop a good physical shape.
One of the most important places to begin when starting a quick weight loss exercise program is the night before. Ensure you are getting enough sleep each night. The physical activity will not function to your benefit if you are too tired to accomplish your quick weight loss exercise plan. Go to bed early enough, so that the first day you are well rested and physically prepared to begin your program.
Write down the details of the quick weight loss exercise routine indicate the amount of time for every exercise and the specific efficiency. Every week, review your journal and attempt to increase the amount of time you spend on each quick weight loss exercise. For example, in the first week, you may wish to take a brisk 15 minute walk every day, in the second week increase this to 20 minutes and so on until you reach a climax that you are comfortable with.
Good quick weight loss exercises include brisk walks (particularly if you swing the arms for an extra calorie consume), jumping jacks and running in place. If there is space enough, outdoor activities make even more valuable weight loss exercise solutions to get burn more fat at an increased heart rate. If you are embarrassed to work out in public, you can run up the stairs in your house several times, this is an excellent cardio-exercise that will quickly burn calories.
In addition to your quick weight loss exercise program, you must make sure you are modifying your diet. Hunger is usually more intense after working out, and you have to find a way to keep your distance from high-caloric foods. This is the time when you should not fill-up on high calorie carbohydrates; rather it is more effective to your diet if you crunch on some vegetables or fruits instead.
It is common to hear fitness professionals and medical doctors prescribe low to moderate intensity aerobic training (cardio) to people who are trying to prevent heart disease or lose weight. Most often, the recommendations constitute something along the lines of “perform 30-60 minutes of steady pace cardio 3-5 times per week maintaining your heart rate at a moderate level”. Before you just give in to this popular belief and become the “hamster on the wheel” doing endless hours of boring cardio, I’d like you to consider some recent scientific research that indicates that steady pace endurance cardio work may not be all it’s cracked up to be.
First, realize that our bodies are designed to perform physical activity in bursts of exertion followed by recovery, or stop-and-go movement instead of steady state movement. Recent research is suggesting that physical variability is one of the most important aspects to consider in your training. This tendency can be seen throughout nature as all animals demonstrate stop-and-go motion instead of steady state motion. In fact, humans are the only creatures in nature that attempt to do “endurance” type physical activities. Most competitive sports (with the exception of endurance running or cycling) are also based on stop-and-go movement or short bursts of exertion followed by recovery. To examine an example of the different effects of endurance or steady state training versus stop-and-go training, consider the physiques of marathoners versus sprinters. Most sprinters carry a physique that is very lean, muscular, and powerful looking, while the typical dedicated marathoner is more often emaciated and sickly looking. Now which would you rather resemble?
Another factor to keep in mind regarding the benefits of physical variability is the internal effect of various forms of exercise on our body. Scientists have known that excessive steady state endurance exercise (different for everyone, but sometimes defined as greater than 60 minutes per session most days of the week) increases free radical production in the body, can degenerate joints, reduces immune function, causes muscle wasting, and can cause a pro-inflammatory response in the body that can potentially lead to chronic diseases. On the other hand, highly variable cyclic training has been linked to increased anti-oxidant production in the body and an anti-inflammatory response, a more efficient nitric oxide response (which can encourage a healthy cardiovascular system), and an increased metabolic rate response (which can assist with weight loss).
Furthermore, steady state endurance training only trains the heart at one specific heart rate range and doesn’t train it to respond to various every day stressors. On the other hand, highly variable cyclic training teaches the heart to respond to and recover from a variety of demands making it less likely to fail when you need it. Think about it this way — Exercise that trains your heart to rapidly increase and rapidly decrease will make your heart more capable of handling everyday stress. Stress can cause your blood pressure and heart rate to increase rapidly. Steady state jogging and other endurance training does not train your heart to be able to handle rapid changes in heart rate or blood pressure.
The important aspect of variable cyclic training that makes it superior over steady state cardio is the recovery period in between bursts of exertion. That recovery period is crucially important for the body to elicit a healthy response to an exercise stimulus. Another benefit of variable cyclic training is that it is much more interesting and has lower drop-out rates than long boring steady state cardio programs.
To summarize, some of the potential benefits of variable cyclic training compared to steady state endurance training are as follows: improved cardiovascular health, increased anti-oxidant protection, improved immune function, reduced risk for joint wear and tear, reduced muscle wasting, increased residual metabolic rate following exercise, and an increased capacity for the heart to handle life’s every day stressors. There are many ways you can reap the benefits of stop-and-go or variable intensity physical training. One of the absolute most effective forms of variable intensity training to really reduce body fat and bring out serious muscular definition is performing wind sprints.
Most competitive sports such as football, basketball, racquetball, tennis, hockey, etc. are naturally comprised of highly variable stop-and-go motion. In addition, weight training naturally incorporates short bursts of exertion followed by recovery periods. High intensity interval training (varying between high and low intensity intervals on any piece of cardio equipment) is yet another training method that utilizes exertion and recovery periods. For example, an interval training session on the treadmill could look something like this:
Warm-up for 3-4 minutes at a fast walk or light jog;
Interval 1 – run at 8.0 mi/hr for 1 minute;
Interval 2 – walk at 4.0 mi/hr for 1.5 minutes;
Interval 3 – run at 10.0 mi/hr for 1 minute;
Interval 4 – walk at 4.0 mi/hr for 1.5 minutes;
Repeat those 4 intervals 4 times for a very intense 20-minute workout.
The take-away message from this article is to try to train your body at highly variable intensity rates for the majority of your workouts to get the most beneficial response in terms of heart health, fat loss, and muscle maintenance.
Visit The Truth About 6 Packs Abs to receive your own personalized metabolic rate calculator as well as a free training & nutrition bonus e-report that will change the way you think about fat loss and abs.
People—especially those who are very thin for their frame, age, and height—would be very happy upon discovering that they have gained some weight. For them, this weight gain would indicate not only the condition of their health and fitness but also the improvements on their physical built as well.
Aside from being an indicator of good health, fitness, and eating a well balanced diet, weight gain would also serves an indicator for a person’s overall improvement in his or her outlook in life. Although in most cases, weight gain is an indicator of good health, it can also serve as an indicator if negligence especially if there are signs of obesity.
To know if weight gain is bad or good for you, it is always best to conduct a research about its indicators as well as of its advantages and disadvantages so you will have an idea if you’re into the right thing.
What you need to know
Weight gain refers to the increase in a person’s body weight brought by intake of too many calories, lack of physical activity such as regular exercise, or a side effect of certain types of medication. However, it can also be a result of a certain set of workout routine—such as those in bodybuilding—wherein muscles tend to increase in terms of weight.
Experts say that weight gain is usually done by people because of two reasons. One, they want to build muscles for a fit body. This is very common to people who need big muscles for their jobs such gym instructors, fitness gurus, bodybuilding coaches, bouncers, bodyguards, weightlifters, and the like.
The second reason why people gain weight is because of their health. Weight gain is highly recommended to those people who have lost so much body fat due to dieting and especially to those who have developed various eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia. People—especially women who are believed to suffer more from this condition—are advised to gain weight to recover from all the body fats and nutrients they have lost.
To know if you are gaining some weight, check for its symptoms such as a rounder belly, certain increase in the fat percentage of the body, increased mass of muscles and increase in the level of body’s hydration. Experts say that it can be hard to determine if a person’s weight gain is good or not. This is because people have different individual needs that need to be paid attention to. Although knowing the ideal weight for a person’s height can be a god indicator, it is always best to consult with a physician to avoid further complications. For those who are planning to gain weight to ensure they health and fitness, here are some helpful tips to get by:
1. Set your focus on set of workouts routines that target how one can increase body fat and muscles. This is one of the most effective ways of gaining weight without having to worry about obesity. Since a person burns only the unnecessary fats, he or she is paving the way for the muscles to gain weight.
2. Spend some time for to know what the target weight gain is. Just like in losing weight, weight gain also requires utmost time and dedication. If one is into weight gain, he or she must make sure that they are serious about it so they will get their desired health and level of fitness.
3. Always have a healthy and well balanced diet. For people who are gaining weight for health and fitness, this is very important if because it serves as their guide on what kind of food they should eat and the proper amount of each to get the weight that they desire.